SC - HELP!!!!!

Weiszbrod, Barbara A Barbara.Weiszbrod at SW.Boeing.com
Fri Aug 21 08:03:14 PDT 1998

>>However, they recently produced a guest list of 347 people.  Here's
>where I'm choking a little bit.  Most of the events I've cooked for
>usually only hit the 50 - 75 people mark, 100 people tops.  Does any
>of the more experience cooks have any advice on how to organise this
>'feeding of the masses' and any recipes for nice food, that is
>reletively simple and can be mass produced?
>Thanks to all
>-A rather desperate Sianan<
>
>1: get a staff of about 40 to 50 kitchen workers that know what they
>are doing. Unless you decide on a potluck.

This seems like a bit of overkill! We regularly cook for 100 with 3
people in the kitchen all day and 3 more added to help serve up the feast
and get it to the servers who take it to the tables. That doesn't include
clean up crew when the feast is all out. A dozen really good cooks for
350 should be more than enough. Then only if the kitchen can handle that
many.  More than that, and you'll be tripping over each other. I have yet
to see a kitchen that could deal with 40 to 50 workers. At least one that
is available and affordable to the SCA.  If you know of one, could you
tell me where it is?

Other than that, if you're doing more than one  course, have one person
in charge of each course with different people who work for them on that
course only. Of course, the people in charge of each course need to
communication constantly, so the resources are divvied up as needed.
Seperate stoves and sinks for each course would be a *good thing*, but
that's not always possible.

Julleran