SC - OP-root beer

PhlipinA@aol.com PhlipinA at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 05:13:32 PDT 1998

>Mediterranean herbs grow poorly here, if at all. I can't get lavender
>to do much, and tarragon won't last more than a few months. >Rosemary
can be iffy, and thyme! Can't manage to keep it, especially >the lemon
variety I love, alive for more than one summer at best. :-( >Part of my
problems may be my personal conditions, since some of my >friends have
grown rosemary and thyme  very well indeed, and >lavender moderately so.
But not tarragon........ *Sigh*
>Christianna, how well do those do for you in Atlanta?
>
>                  Ldy Diana

	I have never had any luck with tarragon, but my rosemary and
thyme do well here.  Lavender is iffy, but it likes the way I have it
planted with LOTS of drainage, so I can keep it most of the time.  I did
notice when I grew Woad this year that it bloomed about 3 months ahead of
when it should have in Scotland, and was done well before Pennsic.  I
have LOTS of seeds, and gave a few packets out to folks at the war.
	Christianna