SC - HELP!!!!!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Aug 24 13:08:47 PDT 1998

- ---LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> wolfgervon at yahoo.com writes:
 << I think it is a very good idea! Also, on the legal
  side, shouldn't we also check county requirements for
  food handlers? >>

> Utah has similar requirements pertaining to certifying food handlers.
>
> Thank Goddess, Pennsylvania has no such requirements! Neither is
there any
> government interference in place to make such a thing possible. It
may be a
> good idea to some folks from the western states but those of us are
free of
> such governmental intrusion.
>
> IMO, such a requirement on a SCA corporate level would  effectively
ban any
> feasts from being prepared and served in virtually the entire
eastern part of
> the country.
>
> IMO, to pursue such a requirement is ludicrous.
>
> Ras

 Sorry, I did not make myself clear. I do not think it
should necessarily be a corporate requirement. At the
most I feel that, if there is a person with a license
cooking at an event, a copy of their license could be
included at troll.

 As far as the county requirements, what was intended
is that the Kitchen Steward might want to check what
the county requires. Otherwise laws could be
accidently broken. I do not know of any feasts where
anyone got bad food poisoning, but strongly believe in
avoidance.

 If I eat feast, and do not know the people cooking, I
know that I would feel safer knowing that someone in
the kitchen had some food safety training.

Just rambling...
Wolfger