SC - Verjuice

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Aug 24 13:24:39 PDT 1998

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:45:23 EDT LrdRas at aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 8/24/98 1:59:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>wolfgervon at yahoo.com writes:
>
><< I think it is a very good idea! Also, on the legal
> side, shouldn't we also check county requirements for
> food handlers? >>
>
>Thank Goddess, Pennsylvania has no such requirements! Neither is there
>any government interference in place to make such a thing possible. It
may
>be a good idea to some folks from the western states but those of us are

>free of such governmental intrusion.
>
>IMO, such a requirement on a SCA corporate level would  effectively
>ban any
>feasts from being prepared and served in virtually the entire eastern
>part of
>the country.
>
>IMO, to pursue such a requirement is ludicrous.
>
>Ras
I second Ras's opinion. First of all, Calontir is very anti-paperwork,
especially when dealing with lawyers and their rules (Hey, we're the
mid-west, what do you expect?).To require people to register with the
state before they can cook dinner for their friends (albeit 250 at once :
) ) would be considered an insult by many here ("what, don't you think I
can cook?") Second, trying to get enough organization to see who could
and couldn't cook feast would soon end up in not having any feasts at
all. (it's hard enough in my shire to get people to get together for a
cook's meeting to discuss recipes monthly)

Beatrice