SC - Celtic Feast Repost--Long

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Aug 25 08:50:42 PDT 1998

Considering the information we all have concerning  Celtic cooking, I think you
did a superb job.  I just had a few questions...

On the fennel... do you have information that it was grown by the Romans in
Britain or do you think it was imported?   I'm just curious.

As for the Samit.... I have used that recipe a LOT! I love the stuff.  You might
want to try it using farmers cheese. It is a small curd cheese... similar to
cottage cheese but without the liquid... it can save a few steps..  It also has
a consistency closer to home made cheese.  Try it sometime. It comes in a 1 lb
clear plastic container.

The Rabbit stew looks yum.  Have you tried making it with beer or ale?   I have
done a rabbit with onion stew that was cooked in beer... everyone loved it.  I
am sure you can use poor man's rabbit (aka chicken) as a substitute for this as
well.

All in all , looks like a yummy feast.  Wish I could have been there!

Meadhbh