SC - McKendry & Horizon??

Gerekr at aol.com Gerekr at aol.com
Tue Aug 25 23:09:38 PDT 1998

Hello All...

Opinions please...

Being limited to a fixed space for cookbooks, and recently having added a
number of much more recent, authenticity-oriented titles, I was wondering
if I'd be losing much, besides the illustrations, if I let go of Maxime
McKendry's Seven Centuries Cookbook (1973) and the 2-volume Horizon
Cookbook (1968).

These are AW-fully old; they were among my first acquisitions in this
field ca. 20 years ago.  While the 7 centuries does give the original
text of every recipe, with a credit line for the source document, the
author's vita don't seem like much ("fashion designer and consulting food
editor to Vogue")!  The Horizon recipe volume does NOT reference the
originals, or provide the original text, and is divided by recipe type
instead of by period (the historical volume at least proceeds

Heee-yelp, pliz!

Chimene