SC - artichokes?

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Mon Aug 31 23:59:42 PDT 1998

Rowan,

It's easier to scrape off the choke if you cook them first.  After we've
pulled off the leaves, the choke comes out with the side of a teaspoon.
I use an old pair of scissors for the thorny leaf tips.  We use Hellman's
mayonnaise for dipping, in my family.  The bottoms, as in that big jar,
can be simmered in any sort of pickling liquid you like, and you have
tons of good salad makings.  I've never had them as sweet pickle, but
plan to try a few, just to see what happens.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com