SC - Choc-O-Diles

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:32:19 PDT 1998

Phil & Susan Troy wrote:

> Alma Johnson wrote:
>
> > Since it seems we can't kill this one, what the hell.
>
> Oh, you've noticed, have you???
>
> > Back in New Orleans about 10 years ago Hostess test marketed Choc-O-Diles.
> > These were twinkies with the rich chocolate King Don (or Ding Dong,
> > depending on where you're from) coating.  They were very heaven.
>
> I recall the various ad campaigns, but from longer than 10 years ago. More like
> 25-30. "It takes a while to eat a Choc-O-Dile...", sung by a silly animated
> crocodile.

My mom has a Pillsbury bake-off cookbook with a recipe for a cookie called a
Chocodile, it isn't anything like this. It's a layered cookie, with the top
layer being something crunchy (cornflakes?) and melted chocolate chips.
Perhaps the reason they are marketed now is a case of copyright infringement.

Bonne
(who may have the recipe in a notebook her mommy filled with hand copied
recipes from her books and notes as a wedding present.)