SC - Re: Only place to suffer

melc2newton at juno.com melc2newton at juno.com
Fri Aug 14 10:03:52 PDT 1998

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998 00:24:08 -0400 Bonne <oftraquair at hotmail.com> writes:
>WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Miami is one of America's versions of the Danelaw.
>>

>Pardon my ignorance, what is Danelaw?
>
>Bonne

The Danelaw was the East coast England in the 8-900's it was called this
because the Danes from Denmark and other Scandanavian countries moved in
an conquered the land after the Britons refused to pay the Danegild or
bribe to keep them from plundering the coast. I'm not so sure that Miami
would qualify for a "Danelaw" area so to speak.

Thorbjorn