SC - Re: Only place to suffer

melc2newton@juno.com melc2newton at juno.com
Fri Aug 14 10:03:52 PDT 1998

Bonne says...
Someone thought the name had to do with a Canadian flying squad.  I doubt
it,
more likly the obvious "flying south for the winter" similarity to birds.

I did. There is a Royal Canadian Armed Forces squadron here called the
"Snowbirds". Since this term has been used around me all my life, both for
the squad and people living part-time in Florida,  I kinda made the
connection.

Lets all agree that "snowbird" is someone from a wintery clime that is smart
and rich enough to move somewhere warm part-time. The end.

Micaylah
- -who has a real psychological problem with winter and ice storms, and has
moved to Mexico once and looked into moving to Freeport, Bahamas-
mmmmmm!