SC - Help/Request--Iberian (Spanish, Catalan, Andalusian, Portuguese)

David Friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Aug 16 18:42:02 PDT 1998

Berengaria writes:

>I also got to pick the food themey bit--as the subject line
>says, Iberia:  Spanish, Catalan, Andalusian, Portuguese,
>Western islamic, Moroccan.
>
>Cariadoc, this is your cue to ask me for my address so I
>can get that cookbook from you.  :-)
>
>Please send sources, menus from previous feasts, redactions,
>suggested names for the boar's head (oh, wait, that's
>English :-))...in fact, anything you might know about Iberian
>christmas customs at any time in period.

Elizabeth wrote an article on an Islamic feast she did, largely Andalusian;
it was published in T.I. and is included in the Miscellany, which is
webbed. The Miscellany also includes lots of worked out Andalusian recipes.
The big Andalusian cookbook is included in volume II of the collection I
sell, and will be webbed one of these days. Ask Yeshua (Stephen Bloch) for
info on the Catalan cookbook he and Ruffina have been translating and
cooking from.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/