SC - Unusual cooking methods

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Aug 22 21:36:18 PDT 1998

Cairistiona said:

>Shall we turn the conversation to something slightly more on topic now?
>What about unusual cooking methods?  The Anglo-Norman Culinary
>collection refers to cooking in a pot surrounded by slaking lime;

There was a brief discussion on this and similar methods here a while
back. I don't remember though whether we settled the question of whether
this was meant to actually cook the dish or just warm it. Do you have
more details?

Some of the previous discussion and some others can be found in this file
in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:

no-fire-cook-msg  (12K)  4/ 6/98    Period no-fire and solar cooking.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net