SC - Plants

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 08:28:52 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/24/98 2:25:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mermayde at juno.com
writes:

<<
 	I have never had any luck with tarragon, but my rosemary and
 thyme do well here.  Lavender is iffy, but it likes the way I have it
 planted with LOTS of drainage, so I can keep it most of the time.  I did
 notice when I grew Woad this year that it bloomed about 3 months ahead of
 when it should have in Scotland, and was done well before Pennsic.  I
 have LOTS of seeds, and gave a few packets out to folks at the war.
 	Christianna

      Hummmm, I keep toying with the idea of growing woad, but I've been put
off by tales of it depleting the soil badly. Anyone have any direct experience
on that matter?
      And I just noticed this morning that my two potted rosemarys, that I
grew from seed and have been rather proud of, seem to have both keeled over!
:-( Wah! I'll have to replace them soon, so the new ones can settle in before
winter. Being without *any* fresh rosemary is unthinkable! I think I'll try
the "Arp" cultivar this time and see if it's winter-hardiness reputation holds
true........ Hey Elisande, that trip to the greenhouse just became more
important! ;-) Let me know when you are free........

         Ldy Diana