SC - Re: SCA Cooks - Cooking Safety (was Licensing)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Aug 26 07:09:48 PDT 1998

LYN M PARKINSON wrote:

> Bubbling pots of pork are sort of evident, one would think, but what are
> the really sneaky signs???  And for picnic feasts, what gets thawed and
> how and when?  There's probably a third class.  I'll look for some of you
> to be teaching those.

A somewhat amusing statement made by a friend of mine was that there was little
or no danger in So-and-So's cooking, because anything that wasn't strictly
fresh smelled so bad no one would go near it. No, I'm not going to tell you who
So-and-So is.

> And thanks for the good ideas, Adamantius.  I'll probably find a safety
> class for myself, whether I choose to announce the fact or not.

I take your concern for your friends as a given, Allison. Your desire to
improve your own abilities is more about proving something to yourself, not to
anyone else. No need to announce anything.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com