SC - Oooohhh, mushrooms!

kat kat at kagan.com
Thu Aug 27 18:20:15 PDT 1998

Oh, I do love marinated mushrooms!  Here's my favorite recipe:

For each 1 lb. mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed:

	1/2 c. white wine vinegar*
	1/4 c. water*
	2 bay leaves
	5 cloves, whole
	5 peppercorns, whole
	2-4 cloves garlic, sliced or chopped
	1/4 c. olive oil

Bring spices, water, vinegar to boil; add shrooms.  Boil 10 minutes.  Remove from boil; let cool; pour into storage jar.  Top with olive oil.  Keep in fridge.

I sometimes pickle garlic in this marinade too.  Yum!

*Proportions on these 2 ingredients are a little sketchy; this is from memory.  It could be more vinegar and less water.  Experiment.

- ---kat griffith, editor---

This is my business address.  Sending files of over 100K in size to this address will result in my being summarily flogged.