SC - SCA and Sci Fi

S.Albert salbert at ptialaska.net
Wed Dec 2 18:26:35 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/2/98 4:41:47 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
CONRAD3 at prodigy.net writes:

>  Also, what types of spices would be candied,
>  besides coriander. (The only one I've come across so far)

Crystallized Ginger is not only delicious, it is also soothing to an upset
tummy, and is invaluable as a source of electrolytes to a body nearing
dehydration from the flux.  Boil cubed ginger root in a simple sugar syrup
made with 2 cups sugar, 1 cup water and about 1 tsp salt until crispy tender,
then dry on a cookie tin and store in an air tight container indefinitely.
My daughter has gall bladder disease, and is scheduled for surgery on Friday.
At this point in her disease she cannot keep solid foods down at all, but the
crystallized ginger not only stays down, it helps relieve the nausea and helps
ease the pain for her.

Mordonna <At this point, I almost wish I could quit and start over.  It's been
a rough year, friends.>