SC - I need some advice and dessert recipes

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Dec 6 21:24:38 PST 1998

At 04:30 PM 12/4/98 -0500, Christianna wrote:

>That sounds interesting, I wonder how willing folks will be to taking
>your recipies and running with them?  We are doing our 12th Night pot
>luck a bit differently to assure a good assortment of foods.  The
>autocrat called me and said "I was thinking of doing last names that
>start A-F bring vegetables, G-L bring starches, etc., What do you think?"
> I said it sounded way too pedestrian, and surely we could come up with
>something better than that.

This is the way we have always done it <YAWN>. We get such wonderful
creations as potato pie and bags and bags of apples with the odd fish head
pie. Of course this brings resounding choruses of Fish Heads....

> So, we went with personna types instead.
>So, if you have a Viking or Celtic personna, you are to bring vegetables,
>German and Middle Eastern personnas are to bring grains or legumes,
>Norman and French bring breads, Italian and Spanish bring Desserts.  (The
>Barony is doing the main meat course.)  It's a nice change, anyway, so
>we'll see how it goes.

Can't see this working at all here. Too many people who don't have personas
really stuck down. Its too bad, as this sounds like a wonderful way of
doing it. Besides, most of the people here who actually have put thought
and research into their persona are mostly of Anglo descent and then we'd
just have to get into time lines etc.!!!!

Although this could be an idea in the ruff!

Micaylah

"Man, you ain't lived
Till you've had your tires rotated
By a red-headed woman"