SC - Alzheimers and Aluminum

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sat Dec 12 07:41:24 PST 1998

Barley is quite period.  The oldest known bread recipe (Sumerian) is for a
barley flat bread which was eaten and used to make beer.  Pliny gives a
recipe for barley polenta.

Your friend's recipe for chicken and barley stew may not be period, but I'd
be willing to serve a thick barley frumenty fortified with chicken at feast.

Bear