SC - Butter - yet again

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Dec 21 10:03:41 PST 1998

M'lord Ras and Good Gentles of the List,

His Grace Cariadoc has included a recipe for lemon syrup in his Miscellaney
(http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/drinks.html#5) fron an Andalusian book,
there is further evidence of the use of fruit flavored syrups in the AlQanun Fi
AlTibb (The Law of Medicine) by Abu Ali al-Hussain Ibn Abdallah Ibn Sina (937-1037
ce).  This book contains a large number of prescriptions for various ills, among
which are a number of what we would call cordials.
wajdi balgarbi