SC - purple fleur de lis?

LyAngharad@aol.com LyAngharad at aol.com
Thu Dec 31 08:11:43 PST 1998

  IIRC, Cindy had problems with it
>"setting up" and becoming firm, rather than tacky.

My mother's "rule" for candy making was that the house must be cool and
the humidity low for the sugar to behave properly. If it's warm or the
air is humid, the sugar will not want to set up even if you had gotten
the syrup to the right temperature.  If the weather doesn't cooperate,
the air conditioning system will!

My rule is forget all the glasses of water and tilting the syrup on
saucers crap, get a candy thermometer and use it!

Bonne