SC - purple fleur de lis?

Thu Dec 31 08:28:59 PST 1998

>I believe that 'single cream' would be equivalent to our 'light cream',
>
>'Double cream', thus, would refer to 'heavy' or 'whipping' cream.

Actually, not to long ago I saw a listing of the required butterfat
levels the USDA and the British equivalent require to meet these
standards. WAs it here?  I recall single cream is heavier than our light
cream, but not as heavy as our heavy or whipping cream.  Double cream is
heavier than either our heavy or whipping creams, and I'd never realized
that heavy and whipping cream weren't the same.  Triple cream is more
like soft butter than cream!

Discovering british creams (and cream pastry!) when we visited mum in
law was one of the happiest moments of my life!

Bonne