SC - An OP recipe request

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 20:27:09 PST 1998

>I'm sorry to clutter up with an OP request. However, I'm looking for my
Mother
>and would like to surprise her for Christmas.
>
>For a number of years we have been searching for a "Cornbread Dumpling"
>recipe. Momma remembers it growing up in Texas.

Describe it to me.  I have a "Southern Living" cookbook that is 30-40
years old.  Nothing in there by that name, but there may yet be
something that fits the description.

Another thing to do is to call the nearest library to your mom or
grandma's hometown and see if they have local church and lady's club
fund raiser cookbooks in the stacks.  You may find the recipe in one put
out during your grandma's time.

Bonne