SC - An OP recipe request

LyAngharad at aol.com LyAngharad at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 04:52:28 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/7/98 10:28:12 PM Central Standard Time,
oftraquair at hotmail.com writes:

<< >I'm sorry to clutter up with an OP request. However, I'm looking for my
 Mother
 >and would like to surprise her for Christmas.
 >
 >For a number of years we have been searching for a "Cornbread Dumpling"
 >recipe. Momma remembers it growing up in Texas.  >>

>From "Stillmeadow Kitchen" by Gladys taber, sopyright 1947:

Cornmeal Dumplings

Sift together 1 cup cornmeal, 1/4 cup bread flour (from the copyright date,
"all purpose" flour!), 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.  Add
beaten egg and 1/2 cup of milk.  finally stir in 1 tablespoon melted butter.
Cook as above.

The "Cook as above":  Drop in boiling stew by small spoonfuls.  Cover tightly
and cook 10 minutes.  (I check with a toothpick, as I would oven cornbread,
cakes, etc. -- if it comes out clean, it's done.).

Angharad
Barony of Namron
Kingdom of Ansteorra