SC - Re: meat

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Dec 10 18:29:39 PST 1998

snowfire at sprynet.com wrote:

> Would the list be interested in a recipe for Shrewsbury Cakes?
<feline snippery>
> The recipe is from 1621, and the side comment to the recipe says that
> "Shrewsbury 'cakes' have a very long history indeed and were the forerunners of
> the modern Shrewsbury biscuits."
>
> Elysant (and Eliott the cat)

Cool! And in our continuing series of apocryphal food-related stories,
I'll say the recipe for Shrewsbury cakes is reputed to have fallen out
of the pouch/wallet of Richard the Third at the Battle of Bosworth
Field. Now, what it was doing there in the first place is a great
question...my kingdom for a cookie!

Adamantius
Crown Province of Østgardr, East Kingdom

Argent, an owl displayed guardant sable, between three pheons inverted
gules, all within a bordure sable.
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com