SC - A question on Servers (ALSO: testing meals)

Gerekr at aol.com Gerekr at aol.com
Sat Dec 12 11:43:26 PST 1998

On 10/20/98 12:23 PM Morgan wrote:

>Buffet is a problem, because lines can get long; things will run out
>... or the early people will snag too much and leave nothing for
>later eaters; and how to handle people who come late and have not gotten
>firsts when some people are coming through for seconds.  ...

sheesh am I behind on this one... but I don't think anyone else has
mentioned the AnTir solution for this one...  Things stay neat and people
don't pig if you do (and announce it so everyone knows) REVERSE
precedence for the line -- if the Queen is going last, believe me, people
behave themselves like grown-ups!  This is an idea our uppers go along
with with no problem, it being a good opportunity to present a good
example of noblesse oblige, 8-).

Chimene
(who may be operating on antique custom, we haven't been very active
since the advent of our son, but this used to work a treat in Adiantum,
and was pretty widespread thru Kindom Central as I recall)