SC - Re: eastern european fare

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Dec 7 09:32:40 PST 1998

At 8:50 AM -0500 12/7/98, Alma B. Johnson wrote:

>The reason I am thinking of this is that I am trying to overcome the lack of
>documentable period recipies for eastern european foods by looking at
>anthropological data and seeing what I can come up with by going at it from
>that angle.

I assume you are aware of _Domostroi_, which is the one small exception to
the "lackof documentable period recipies for eastern european foods? Very
few recipes, but a lot of information about Russian food c. 16th c.

Also, there is supposed to be a Hungarian manuscript c. 1400, although I
have no idea if it has ever been published, and am pretty sure it has not
been translated.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University