SC - Can we get back on topic?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Dec 1 19:14:36 PST 1998

Micaylah wrote:

> Rowan, usually after a holiday or during Pennsic it seems that a rehash
> (silly or no) is the norm as well as the odd off-topic thread. If you had
> bothered to glance at a few of the postings you would see that, indeed,
> there was an internal cooking discussion still going on and several recipes
> were swapped, which I for one, will try.

I'll admit there has been a fair amount of white noise / silliness
lately, and there have been some unsubscribes in the past few days, but
there are unsubscribes almost every day. The ones we happened to see
lately were all misaddressed, apparently, or we wouldn't have seen them.
It was interesting to see messages posted with requests to unsubscribe,
and then the extremely clear instructions on how to unsubscribe, at the bottom.

> You also have the option to vote with your delete button. Might I
> respectfully suggest excercising it.
>
> As for the Unsubscribes, so what? Some of us went on holiday, perhaps a
> couple thought they were in over their heads, or maybe they thought we were
> silly. If they are really interested in the Cooks List, they'll be back.

Possibly. And, what's more, anyone who has anything more serious or more
interesting to discuss than stewed cars, purple dinosaurs, whether fat
pigs led to the invention of bacon or bacon led to the invention of fat
pigs, and whether skinny pigs led to the invention of lapdogs, has the
option of asking a question, telling a story, or otherwise introducing a
topic they _do_ wish to discuss. Failure to do this is akin to saying,
"I never vote because my chosen candidate never wins."

"So," he asked her, or anybody else, formally, "was there something
specific you wanted to discuss?"

I'm up for losing some of the threads we've either beaten to death or
never should have started, but don't feel it necessary to ask people to
abandon them unless there is a better alternative. I, for one, would
like to hear more about this upcoming EK 12th Night menu, having been
involved in the same feast last year.

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --