SC - Arificial Sweeteners (was Thanksgiving and i need a recipe)

Kathleen M Hogan kathleen.hogan at juno.com
Wed Dec 2 14:21:17 PST 1998

On Tue, 01 Dec 1998 07:23:40 PST "Diana Haven" <tantralya at hotmail.com>
writes:
>  Could I ask what is in sucralose? I am allergic to aspartame,
>sorbitol, malitol & xylotol.  So far the only non nutritive sweetener
>I have been able to use is saccharin.

I can't do saccharin either.  I wish that more companies would say on the
front of the label that it has an artifical sweetener in it.  I have
bought several things, including medicines to find that it had artificial
sweeteners in them and I couldn't touch them.  A lot of cough medicines
(both liquid and drops) have gone to artificial sweeteners and  it's
really a pain having to read through half a dozen labels in small print
to find out if I can take it without it making me sick.

Caitlin NicFhionghuin
House Oak & Thistle