SC - Fw: [Mid] Cook book

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Mon Dec 21 18:19:25 PST 1998

Phlip has forwarded:

>All,

> I just found a book, titled "Seven Centuries of English Cooking: A

>Collection of Recipes by Maxime de la Falaise". The first chapter covers

>"the 14th to the 16th century", then other chapters cover the 17th, 18th

>and 19th centuries. Original sources are listed. Has anyone else seen this

>one? Is it good for using in the SCA?

><<

I have this one.  Most of the recipe in the 14th-16th Century chapter seem to
be from Two Fifteenth Century Cookbooks, altho the author lists other sources
in the bibliography.  I haven't tried any recipes yet, but the redactions look
OK -- no non-period or extra ingredients or things like that.

Each chapter has some history, which is pretty interesting.

Renata
Barony of Altavia
Kingdom of Caid
Los Angeles, CA