SC - Herbal infusions

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Sun Feb 1 20:21:18 PST 1998

                      RE>SC - oxymel/hydromel/etc.                 2/1/98

<innocent face>  Why brid, if you're volunteering to put this together as a
beverage for the kitchen crew, go right ahead...  :-)
Seriously, beverages is still something I'm working out... I'll get back to ya
on that...
- - kat
<grin>
Considering all the discussion of drinkables in the last few weeks, I am
willing to give it a go.  But people will have to wait until after Whiteshield
in March to hear the results ;)
I have made the Joy of Cooking's recipe for lemon syrup for years, and it is
similar to the Arabic version that has been posted here before- I will go see
if I can track down that currant syrup for oxymel that was suggested!
I was going to try that rose syrup too, but the latest rainstorm blew all the
petals off of the roses in the back yard.  Freak of fate that they were
blooming at this time of year anyway, even out here in California...
- -brid