SC - Islamic-by any other name

jeffrey s heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 5 17:31:21 PST 1998

Greetings,
As I was perusing my mail today a question came to mind.  To preface, I do
not own much in the way of period cookbooks so I cannot check for myself
although I would if I could since I absolutely adore research--almost any
kind of research.
Anyhoo, of the period cookbooks currently available to us how many contain
(mostly) original recipes (no KFC jokes,  please) and how many contain
(mostly) accounts of how dishes were prepared?
I am curious about this because it could possibly put later period dishes
in an earlier time bracket--a sticky wicket for sure.
Thank you for any input,
Celestria