SC - Digby's Excellent Cake

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Feb 9 15:28:09 PST 1998

In a message dated 2/9/98 10:13:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
phlip at morganco.net writes:

<< The kind you use in the
 raisin/gin
 : arthritis tonic. :-)
 :
 : Ras >>

This recipe was on a Paul Harvey radio program.  He and all the folks I know
personally who follow the instructions EXACTLY swear by it.  There is no
scientific basis for it's effectiveness. This information is being divulged
entirely for educational purposes only.  It is not meant to be used as a
substitute for professional medical advise nor is it an attempt to diagnose,
treat or prescribe treatment for any medical condition.

That being said:

Raisin and Gin Tonic

2 cps gin
1 lb. sultana raisins

Put raisins in a large jar.  Cover with gin.  Cover; store at room temperature
for 9 days.  Beginning on the 10 day eat 9 raisins a day.  It is reported that
if this regime is adhered to strictly, relief from arthritic pains and
stiffness will be notice anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks after beginning.  Since
the effect is purportedly cumulative, you should not miss a day.  If you do
deviate from the schedule, simply start again.

Ras (for those who'll ask> Yes, it works for me. :-))