SC - re: Anne-Marie's Spice Guy

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Feb 18 12:11:34 PST 1998

Folks,

	I just wanted to drop a quick note to share a fun experience and to thank Anne-Marie PROFUSELY for recommending her Spice Guy to me.

	Yesterday my husband called me at work to say, "The Spices are here!"  I couldn't wait to get home.  We opened this big cardboard box, and nestled in crumpled brown paper were four sealed plastic bags:  whole grains of paradise, whole cubebs, big pieces of galingale (is it a root?  Sure looks like it) and *half an ounce* of blood-red saffron threads...  WOW!!!!  Rich and dark, and hardly any yellow at all... and you could *smell* it, even through the bag... lovely!!!

	We were so excited... I called all my cook friends and told them about the saffron, and one or two of them even wanted to come over, just to see it...

	Anyway, it was really fun.  And the spices from World Spice are really good quality...

	Thanks for letting me share this with you, it was really cool.

		- kat