SC -gluten extraction

marilyn traber mtraber at email.msn.com
Thu Feb 19 09:19:09 PST 1998

As to the donating of proceeds from the sales of the booklet in question-I
happen to have held the patent on a piece of testing equipment, which I
donated to a charity to keep the income from it going to a debtor[very long
story, and he did not earn the monies the judge assigned to him, and he will
never get it, nuf said]

If I were to go to all the work of collecting recipes and permissions,
compiling and proofing the manuscript, I for one would like to profit from
my labors. If I were to do it and expect no remuneration, I would submit it
to CA. I think it unfair to expect somebody to go to all that work and get
nothing for their not inconsiderable efforts. Cariadoc does have his
miscellaney on line, but I for one happen to own an albeit older but
paid-for copy of it. I for one as a retired pro have limitations on me, for
example I can never enter most any cook-off or recipe contest, but as I have
already given permission to use any recipe of mine, I find it fair to get
remuneration in the form of a courtesy copy.

>previousely, on Kooks R Us-
A gentle wanted to compile a cookbook/how-to on period cooking. He was
scared off by the legalramasaur fanatsarii sacdiensus. There has been a long
but interesting discussion of copyright laws and the sca, and cookbooks.

margali
stay tuned for more of 'as the stomach churns'