SC - Onion Soups

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Sat Feb 21 08:16:50 PST 1998

The idea is similar to a traveling apothecary's case which would have been a
small trunk divided and padded to carry the apothecary's vials.  I have seen
one of these dated to the late 17th Century and they may have been used
earlier.

For the stuffy, purist type, I would think the problem is the shape, barrels
just aren't meant to swing open. :-)

Bear