SC - re: SC-First attempt.

jeffrey s heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 3 08:57:14 PST 1998

Having played with that recipe a lot (the shortbread) you may also want to
increase the amount of cloves in relation to mace.  I ended up using 2 tsp
cloves to 1/2 mace (for 2 cups of sugar).  It worked well that way.  Also,
the clotted cream works much better than the butter, and is relatively
easy to make.  Aoife sent me a terrific recipe for it.

Bogdan