SC - Re: SC-Ideas needed.

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Fri Feb 6 05:31:35 PST 1998

>We will of course provide the ubiquitous sausages, cheese, and
>bread, but I was wondering if anyone would have any slightly-more
creative
>ideas, which are hopefully a.) inexpensive, b.) not needing too much
>refrigeration or careful handling, and c.) preferable ahead of time.

Well I know that in my time before this list I did a feast that was for
a fencing academy.  We had no working parts in the kitchen but the sink.
I didn't know a thing about period cooking so I did the following:

(Please remember this is not period but I tried)

Cold sausages and cheese
Cold baked chicken
Quiches, all kinds
Breads and flavored butters
and a Berry custard dish (custard with raspberries, blueberries,
strawberries and blackberries in a orange liqueur sauce)

It went over really well.  I made all the cooked items ahead of time,
then put it in coolers and served it buffet style.

Just a thought!

Murkial

Christi Redeker
Digital Equipment Corporation