SC - HELP!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Feb 9 22:24:28 PST 1998

Annastasis asked:

Iam new to the SCA and for my first project I get to feastocrat a avent.
Great isnt it!
Please oh please I can use all the help I can get. Us gypsies are not
always the most
organised. My name is Annastasia I am from the Incipient Shire of Ard Ruadh
in the
Kingdom of Artemisia ( St. George Ut).   Thanks for your help ahead of
time.

- -----------------

Well, I’m not quite sure what you are asking for, as your question
is pretty broad. But you might want to look at various files in the
FEAST and FOOD sections of my set of files called Stefan’s Florilegium.
These files can be found at:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

In the FEAST section these files might be a good start:
feasts-msg       (117K)  5/17/96    Ideas and comments for SCA feasts.
feast-decor-msg   (13K) 12/17/93    Decorating the feasthall.
feast-ideas-msg   (42K)  1/19/98    Ideas for SCA feasts.
feast-menus-msg    (7K) 12/22/97    Feast menus from various SCA feasts.
feast-serving-msg (26K) 10/23/97    Ideas for serving feasts. How to organise.
HC-butchers-art   (13K) 10/ 4/97    For Headcooks - How to work with your
local
                                       butcher.
headcooks-msg     (40K) 11/ 7/97    Advice for SCA headcooks. Planning feasts.

There are also several files describing specific feasts which have been
done in the past.

The FOOD section has a large number of the recipes that have been
posted to this list divided by food type or item. There are also some
lists and reviews of cookbooks of period food.

If you will send me a message being a little more specific, perhaps I
can suggest some specific files that might prove useful.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

(And folks, I was awarded the Ansteorran Sable Crane (first level service
award) for my work on the Florilegium files at Candlemas. Thank you to those
on this list who may have sent in recommendations.)