SC - Invented Recipes or Observed Recipes

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Mon Feb 9 05:26:19 PST 1998

To follow Cariadoc's argument, the Introduction of Hieatt & Jones 'two
anglo-norman cookbooks' (much quoted on this list - biblio details are a
FAQ, so try the florilegium) claims that ALL the recipes in the two MSs
presented turn up again in English translations in the 14-16C (they are
13/14C anglo-norman, a kind of french).

Charles Ragnar