SC - Puck's soup

kappler kappler at edgenet.net
Sat Jan 3 03:29:19 PST 1998

> I am curious about this statement as the end result of yeast growing is
the
> conversion of sugars to alcohol. Have you ever taken specific gravity
tests on
> the before and after product or are you assuming that the manufacturerer
is
> correct? IMHO, such a statement is inherently inaccurate when viewed from
> biological and scientific base.

Now that you mention it, seems rather absurd that they're not making
alcohol, after all, that's what we pay the little bastiges to do, but no
mention of it or warning labels on the instructions that come with the
extract.  I have not done OGs and FGs but certainly will nest time we make
a batch.  My oldest said his ginger ale tasted like it had alcohol in it, I
didn't think so.  In todays litigious society (at least here in the states,
sorry Ragnar) I find it hard to believe that the mfr wouldn't put some sort
of warning on their labels if alcohol in ANY amount was produced by the
process, but your right, scientifically that doesn't make sense, unless it
has something to do with the interaction of this particular yeast strain
with cane sugar (as opposed to Louise Sugar).  hmmmmm.

Son, how would you like to own a soda extract company?  Any good lawyers
out there?:-), Puck