SC - observation-OT

margali margali at 99main.com
Mon Jan 5 07:18:58 PST 1998

James and/or Nancy Gilly wrote:

> Ignoring the rest of Lord Ras' rude and obnoxious post, and resisting
> the
> temptation to respond in a similar vein, I will simply say this:
>
>      What *is* a game hen?
>
>      Chicken.
>
> Alasdair mac Iain

it is a domestication of a small fowl from africa called a guinea fowl,
first domesticated by the portugese and spread around their colonies. in
real life they have soft grey plumage and resemble a giant button quail
with the most godawful screech of a cry that would bend metal. i have
also been debating keeping them to drive certain neighbors nuts at dawn,
the fowl being significantly louder than a rooster. they also eat small
insects, andwould keep the tick population down, something the dogs and
sheep would like.
margali