SC - Dames

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Jan 5 15:03:43 PST 1998

<< What starches were used in period soups? barley, I’m pretty sure of.
 Pasta? bread, yes at least in onion soups. Turnips? Other grains? >>

I would be most interested in any info on period soups. My current research
indicates that period soups/stews (or at least period recipes for the same are
pretty much the meat-onion-spice combo with no extraneous vegies or other
ingredients.

Ras