SC - Brandu-:-) -OT

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Wed Jan 7 16:24:47 PST 1998

Lord Ras,

I want to thank you for the goat recipe you sent me. the one that starts
with "Two goats, boned, meat cubed". I used it as a base for the dish I
served at the 12th Night Potluck we had, though with some extensive
modifications.
For one thing, I used a leg of lamb since the nearest market I'm aware of
that sells goat is a four hour drive away, and I suspect my neighbors would
not take it kindly if I borrowed one of theirs. I also cut it down
considerably, since I was serving 10-15, not 150.
A friend told me that goat, which I have yet to try, tastes much like lamb
nut is leaner and tougher, so this is what I did.

! 4 lb leg of lamb, deboned and cut into cubes
lamb fat, rendered, with olive oil
3 medium onions, chopped
1/4 bunch coriander, chopped
cumin to taste
salt to taste (none)
ground black pepper
cider vinegar

I sauteed the onions in the oil and lamb fat, then moved them into a glass
baking casserole since I knew I'd have to reheat in a microwave when I got
there-1 hour drive. Added and browned the meat cubes then put everything in
the casserole, covered it, and cooked until the meat was tender, stirring
to mix occasionally. Towards the end, I tasted and it was missing some
thing, so I added a bit of cinnamon. That was it! I drove it down the road,
reheated, separated the food from the sauce, mixed yogurt into the sauce,
and served it on the side with good bhort-grain rice. Very little came
back, so I must have done something right. I'm sure it isn't period, but I
think it was at least peri-oid. Anybody have any suggestions for how I
might make it even better? Though it was pretty good as is.

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,