SC - food banks

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Thu Jan 8 06:41:20 PST 1998

Gee, more of you guys got all kinds of goodies. I have to figure out how to
train people to get me things like that.

But indirectly I gifted myself Waverly Root's Food when my boss gave me a
12th Night gift certificate to the local Waldenbooks, As it's down to -40 F
these days and I'm not running my car, I made an excursion via cab to the
local mall that includes Waldenbooks to stock up on groceries and to spend
the gift certificate before it buried itself in my apartment. The clerk
didn't recognize the title when I asked her, but when I went browsing in
the cookbook section (after science fiction, I will confess), a copy of
Food jumped up and bit me. And, as reported earlier, it was on sale for
$6.99. Very cool. I've been hearing about this for years, and now I'll get
to browse to my heart's content. I must remember to thank my boss, who will
not have the faintest idea why I'm so delighted!

Morgana

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     salbert at polarnet.com
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     Back up my hard drive? How do I put
and a decrescent argent.        *          it in reverse?