SC - Couple of questions for ya'll...

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Jan 9 04:52:18 PST 1998

Kat answered my inquiry:
Good Stefan asks:
> If not, my question still stands, Does anyone know of a medieval onion
> soup that uses a meat broth?

I believe (book not in front of me) that one or more of the "onyon soppes"
recipes in Take 1000 Eggs (these are from Harleian MS, no?) calls for onions,
water, and almond milk "made with wine or broth."  I could be wrong.

I’ll have to look this one up. I think I have that book *somewhere* around
here. (yellow cover, spiral binding, yes?)

However, my question was more to the overall soup base and not just
whether it had some meat broth in it. This one appears to me, not
having ever made it, to still end up being a white/cream base rather
than a brown, meat one. I imagine there is a better, more precise way
to phrase the question than I initially did.

Stefan li Rous