SC - SC-German food in period

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Jan 14 08:32:02 PST 1998

> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 98 05:44:04 PST
> From: "Alderton, Philippa" <phlip at morganco.net>
> Subject: SC - Fw: [Mid] PALE event terminology
>
> Oh, Lordy, here we go again. Comments, anybody?
>
> phlip at morganco.net

<siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh>

Personally, I find your post / forward to be insensitive, politically
incorrect, and demeaning to all left-handed, red-haired, pipe-nipple
manufactures named Gibson everywhere ;  ) ! My lady, I must protest!
Surely I may presume to speak for the millions upon millions of
left-handed, red-haired, pipe-nipple manufacturers named Gibson when I
demand an apology for this noble, honorable, and ancient group.

Oh, you wanted a real comment. Okay. Does the gentle who is so offended
by the use of the term "Head Cook", since it doesn't seem to make
reference to his hours of labor in researching each feast he cooks, ever
consider the countless hours medieval cooks spent learning THEIR craft?
While there is always a place for research for its own sake, isn't
research as part of an SCA feast more or less part of the job? I realize
that in some places that is less true than in others. I come from a
kingdom where cooking is a Laurelable offense, and research standards
are normally fairly high.

I, for one, consider the office of Head Cook to be a noble pursuit, and
I treat it that way. It can't be demeaned by another unless I allow it
to be.

Adamantius, hopping mad now :  ) !
troy at asan.com