SC - FWD: period sausage

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Thu Jan 15 17:17:33 PST 1998

> Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 13:01:43 -0600
> From: "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
> Subject: RE: SC - Mastodon

> The Edwards Island (I believe that is the correct location) is rather
> small and after being dressed out should fit handily in a four foot
> diameter cauldron (the kind apparently widely sold to cannibal tribes).
> Larger mammoths and mastodons, I recommend quartering and slow roasting.
>  The real problem is gathering enough gourmands to avoid left overs, the
> turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas is bad enough.
>
> Bear

Lord Bear, it's quite simple:

Roast on Sunday,
Cold on Monday (Perhaps Lady Aoife could help me out here ;  )  )
Curried on Tuesday
Hashed on Wednesday
Shepherd's Pie (OK, let's not get sidetracked on the fact that sheep
weren't domesticated
		when I was a lad cooking my first feasts) on Thursday
Collops on Friday
Soup on Saturday

As I say, this isn't my area of specialization, but you get the idea,
I'm sure. I hear there is a summer specialty in Fall River,
Massachusetts, of Mastodon and Broth.

Adamantius
troy at asan.com