SC - Fruits

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jan 15 18:26:46 PST 1998

In a message dated 1/15/98 6:37:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au writes:

<< Phlip forwarded a few opinions from somebody who didn't like fishy fish.

 This is reasonable - what makes fish smell fishy is hanging around for a
 few days. >>

I had the impression that the poster of the "fishy fish" note was referring to
fish like mackeral, warm pool fresh water fishes such as carp or other strong
tasting fish. I personally am very partial to mild, sweet tasting fishes and
seafood and avoid "fishy" species like a plague.

Of period fishes cod, halinut, spiny lobster, haddock, whiting and pollock
(although pollock was considered a garbage fish until recently), all
shellfish, fresh tuna are . IMHO, among the sweetest. and most delectable.

Ras