SC - french cooking or is Ham mousse just a fancy sausage?

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jan 20 17:10:04 PST 1998

> From: Louise Sugar <dragonfyr at tycho.com>
>
> Karla Gold is edible in small amounts...they put gold in a liqour (I
forget
> the name tho it is a favorite of a friend of mone) and use it as
decoration
> on desserts

Celestria here!
Goldschlagger has gold in it and boy is it tasty.  Probably not period
though according to the groups look into period distillation practices.
Darn the bad luck <g> On a serious note I probably won't drink any if
offered some at the next war (Estrella) since I saw a disturbing show on
Oprah about some guys spiking Goldschlagger.  What some guys won't do.  If
only those bozo's would learn how to cook they could probably get
girlfriends <g>
I was under the impression that in period silver leaf was the only precious
metal used for food decoration that was also eaten?  Also is the silver and
gold leaf available at the local craft store fit for human consumption?
Thanks a bunch!