SC - Stroganoff

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 07:10:46 PST 1998

> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:12:02 -0500
> From: James & Melody Mahanna <jmmahanna at worldnet.att.net>
> Subject: Re: SC - Mushroom Pasties
>
> Michael F. Gunter wrote:
>
> > Mushroom Pasties
> > "The Goodman of Paris" adapted in "The Medieval Cookbook" by Maggie Black...
>
> I have pretested this recipe for a feast I am doing in March.  But instead of using
> pastry I used phyllo tartletts.  They were well received but I would like to do the
> pastry version for my feast...my question is can you make these ahead of time baking
> and all and freeze them to be reheated later?  And if so how would you reheat them?
> Thaw them first...or just pop them in the oven?  Our feast is named "For Love and
> Honor" And I thought these would be cute with heart shaped cutouts in the top pastry.
>
> - --
> Talisien & Morwenna

The success with which they freeze and reheat will depend largely on
their size. Certainly phyllo-based hors doeuvres can be frozen and baked
without thawing, since the moisture content of the pastry is quite low.
Really large phyllo-based pastries tend to become soggy, often whether
they're thawed first or not.

My guess is you have approximately a month before your feast (isn't
intuition grand?); maybe you could make one of whatever size you want,
and try it.

Adamantius